Are you getting the most out of your technology?
Most of us now have a smartphone, a lap top and quite possibly a desk top computer too. Yet we still use our smartphone like we used our older feature phones, we have some of our files on our lap top and some on our desk top but we can't remember where they are and we have no idea what to do with the iPad we were bought for our birthday last year. We have a separate work calendar and a paper based personal calendar. Our email inboxes are full of spam and important emails and we struggle to find our car keys in the morning when we leave for work. Sound familiar?
Your Digital Life has been written for the everyday person who has no real interest in IT and just wants to use technology to work ‘straight out of the box' without having to think too much about how or why it works. If you want to achieve more without becoming a workaholic then this book is for you.
Your Digital Life was born from a desire to help my clients claim their lives back. To help them regain control of their life, to show them how the amazing technology they carry around with them every day can do so much more for them and free up time so they could do the things they really wanted to do without any stress.
Your Digital Life will show you how to
- Set up a digital system that works for you and the type of person you are.
- Set up your smartphone to get the most out of it
- Use a todo list manager to separate your routine tasks and project tasks to get things done on time every time.
- Use your digital calendar more effectively
- Get control of your email so that you don't live in your inbox.
- Use the annual planning process to make your goals achievable.
- Use false deadlines so you don't miss any real deadlines
- Set up Evernote to work more effectively for you
- Understand the importance of focussing on one task at a time.
- Keep things simple and maintain your system even when things get tough.
With chapters on how to set up Todoist and Evernote to get the best out of these amazing applications
I have spent almost twenty-five years fascinated with productivity and personal management and how to get more out of the systems we all have so I could spend more time playing with the things I really wanted to play with. I began my working life just as mobile phones were taking off and I have been fortunate enough to live and work in a world that is bringing us new digital solutions almost everyday. I have developed my system and techniques over the course of my working life and now I want to share with you the experience, tips and tricks I have learnt that have helped me to write two books, start two companies and live my life stress and worry free and without compromising my family life and free time.